Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tenets of a Revolution

I have a new post over at The Blogfathers that I wanted to expound on here – the Dad Revolution.

The Dad Revolution can be summed up with one phrase - Being more involved in your child’s life. Of course, what exactly that means is up to the end user.

Here is my partial list.

I will…
…be a positive role model to my children;
…change diapers. Frequently;
…actively participate in night feedings;
…hug & kiss the baby as much in public as I do in private (and visa versa);
…offer to do household chores;
…give mom a break, even if she doesn’t think she needs it.

This is just the beginning of the Dad Revolution tenets. Feel free to add yours.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the hardest part. You have to love and hold her close for about 20 years and then watch her as she walks away into her own life...

3/26/2007 7:36 AM  
Blogger Kat Wilder said...

Robert,
This is so cool.
Coming from a divorced fortysomething Mom, I'm going to add one more thing ...

expanding on your "giving mom a break":

Love your wife, and show your kids what a loving, caring, fun partnership looks like. I just can't stress that enough.

And, twins or not, you will indeed never sleep properly again (mine's 14 now, and I'm always nervous when he walks out the door!!).

3/26/2007 5:49 PM  
Blogger Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

- model to my daughter the way she should be treated by a boy or man if she, God forbid, ever decides to date
- model to my son the way he should treat a girl or woman when he begins to date
- take my kids for one-on-one dates with dad

3/26/2007 6:20 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Oh yeah, hold my son to the same standards that I hold my daughter (and visa versa) :-)

3/26/2007 6:31 PM  
Blogger mama speak said...

my FIL was visiting last weekend & couldn't believe how he spent his Sunday afternoon: 3 dads, 2 preschoolers (potty trained), 2 toddlers (not potty trained), 1 infant and not a mom in sight. "At one point they all had to stop for a diaper break."

I informed him that my generation of mom's has wised up. ;-) But really I think it's the dad's who realized they were missing out.

3/29/2007 1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home