Tuesday, February 06, 2007

T-Minus Two Weeks…

…And all systems are ‘GO’.

According to mission control Doc Tres, the twins are healthy and ready to go. The c-section date is set and the nursery is finished.

We’ve washed all the cloth things that were given to us (clothes, bedding, baby towels, blankets, etc.). We’ve rearranged the kitchen cabinets to accommodate bottles and nipples. We gave the house a complete, deep cleaning. We’ve cleaned out our cars and properly installed the bases in each. We’ve got a plethora of creams, ointments, soaps, diapers, wipes, temperature taking instruments, and other implements of parenting.

Now if I can just get the nervous jitters to stop.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nervous jitters never stop but they will less appreciably in about 30 years!

2/07/2007 7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is great news. Scary, isn't it?

2/07/2007 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! So when is the big day? How are P.Pie's nerves doing?
I'm so excited for you!
Here's to 2 happy healthy babes!

2/07/2007 9:58 AM  
Blogger Sandie said...

I was so nervous. I didn't have a lot of warning for my c-section, though. I had gone to a regular appointment, the doctor said, "See you this afternoon so you can have your babies!" and that was that!

All kinds of fear and nerves balled up inside my husband and I. But then, when they were born and everything was fine, all that went away and we just felt right!

Sure, there's lots of stuff to worry about later, but for those first few days when you are still in the hospital and you just get to enjoy the experience of meeting your children, it's heaven!

Enjoy!!

Sandie

2/07/2007 12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap dude -- you cleaned the house? With two weeks to go? Where did you find the energy? I think I mainly paced. Pacing was all I could do. You guys are gonna do just fine. You even have the car seat bases installed? You guys freaking rock!

2/08/2007 12:40 AM  
Blogger Walker Lockhart said...

I was sitting where you were one month ago - I had perpetual 747-sized neolithic, precambrian butterflies up until the morning I woke up to "honey, I think my water just broke..."

enjoy your jitters!

Walker
The Wonder Twins

2/08/2007 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home