Monday, December 18, 2006

I Know, Let’s Make a Game of It!


*UPDATE*
A prize has been developed!

Correctly guess the twins’ birth date and you could win a motorcycle club style patch to sew onto your diaper bag! The colors are baby friendly and at 41/2” around, it can be sewn onto just about any diaper bag or baby blue jean jacket!


As we round second base and close in on third, I am thinking about exactly when these two eating, pooping, crying machines bundles of joy are going to appear.

Doc Tres looked into her crystal ball as she shuffled a deck of tarot cards and announced that the twins will probably be here February 10th.

When pressed for leading indicators, she simply shrugged.

Well hell, I can guess as good as the next guy. Maybe even better. In fact, you could call my guessing skills legendary - or at least infamous.

Around my family - including, but not limited to, my parents and my in-laws - I’m not allowed to handle my gifts prior to the day of giving. Particularly at Christmas. When I'm allowed to hold them, shake them, heft them about, I usually guess them properly.

I’d love to say the packages ‘spoke’ to me, but it’s nothing so mystical. You ask for certain gifts and packages matching certain sizes show up. Nothing special, it's all done with smoke and mirrors.

But if I could guess the birth date of the twins… well, that would be something special, wouldn’t it?

Personally, my guess is Valentine’s Day, February 14th – exactly 38 years and 30 days after my own birth day. Also, if you’re into the whole numerology thing (which I’m not) 2.14.07 sounds like it should be good.

P.Pie thinks February 27th. She says the date ‘speaks’ to her.

What about you, daddy blog reader? Can you accurately guess the birth date of the twins?

How about we make a game of it? Of course, what fun is a contest without a prize? So I will come up with a decent prize between now and then.

The Rules (such as they are):

All dates between now and the ‘official’ birth date, March 10th, are open.

One guess per reader.

In the event of a tie, all winning names will be dropped in a hat and one name will be selected at random.

No purchase necessary to win.

Void where prohibited.

All rights reserved.



So what’s your guess?

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going with February 22nd.

12/18/2006 10:24 PM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

(i have a vision..)


Feb 15th

Play the lottery that day.

And avoid people wearing "green".

12/18/2006 11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting, as I was reading your entry the date Feb 14 came to me...Not because of the association with your b'day but because it's valentine's day! So, that's my guess.

12/19/2006 7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is Feb 2nd. I did one of these types of games when I was pregnant with my twins and nobody guessed the right day. I got to keep the pot money, though. :D

12/19/2006 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Feb 12.......to share with Abe and DSK

12/19/2006 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to say it will be on Feb 20th. That day really speaks to me. I think it's a really special day. Something miraculous happened on that day almost 33 years ago ;)

12/19/2006 9:55 AM  
Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

March 2 will be my guess...unless you have prior knowledge that they will induce before that...then I would want to change my answer.

12/19/2006 4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they show up later, but I'll pick January 31st. It's a good day for twins. That's when mine showed up.

12/19/2006 5:40 PM  
Blogger Lan said...

Based on the due (and actual) arrival date of friends' twins, I'm going to go for February 6.

12/20/2006 4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say Feb. 23rd. Don't know why, just my guess.

12/20/2006 7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, 2/6 is my birthday!

Wait. So we cannot go past March 10th? I was going to say June 18th.. now I have to re-think my guess...

12/20/2006 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to guess January 25th.

I hope they stay in longer, but I'm sticking with my guess. It was the day I was due (my Mom was due with me) and the day my brother was due.

I will guess Jan 25th and hope for Feb 25th.

12/21/2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

I am going with 2/8 we Aquarians are wonderous people.

12/21/2006 11:54 PM  
Blogger honglien123 said...

Dude, 2/4 is awesome! One guess why.

12/23/2006 2:47 AM  
Blogger Gidge Uriza said...

February 5th.

1/31/2007 10:08 PM  
Blogger Nancy and Moises said...

February 7th, that is Aaron's birthday, and he is a wonderful son (aside from the smartass remarks from a teenager).

2/03/2007 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home