Monday, December 04, 2006

Hey, Check Me Out!

Couple of things…

I recently added some statistics tracking code to the site and some of the info surprised me; How About Two? is #3 (!) when you search for daddy blog on Google. How great is that?

Be A Good Dad is number one; Good on ya, Mike.

How About Two? is #1 when you search for big daddy dog corndog mix, but I question just how much traffic will come from that string of keywords.

Other interesting tidbits of information –

  • How About Two? gets nearly 50 visitors a day;
  • How About Two? has had visitors from Canada, Philippines, Australia, Italy, Spain, and Germany;
  • How About Two? has had visitors from Colorado, California, New York, Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Georgia, Virginia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Florida, Maryland, Wisconsin, Iowa, Arizona, Michigan, Kansas, Alabama, Connecticut;
  • How About Two?'s biggest referrer is Child's Play X2.

Other news…

I’ve been invited to write for the Mother’s Of Multiples Society Newsletter. It’s not a huge circulation, but it goes a long way towards me becoming an ‘expert’ on twins.
All this, and the twins aren’t even born yet. Imagine how much of an expert I’ll be this time next year.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you are making those search results up. What phrease were you using? I couldn't recreate it.

I went to check out your top referrer but the link is broken. Looks like mine is too. Looks like it's a SmartQuotes problem. Bad Microsoft Word.

Keep up the good work and stay away from your stats as much as possible. It's a hard habit to break if you don't smash the habit early.

12/04/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Try this - Google link. Although you've dropped to #2 and I've dropped to #4.

The link thing is a Blogger problem and it's really getting under my skin. If I had it to do over again, I'd use another blog provider.

12/05/2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Wait!

Shoot, I was reading the results wrong.

Mike was right, we're on the fourth page which means the sites are 32 and 34. Damn it.

Back to the drawing board.

12/05/2006 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, I have you totally beat. If you search +"i hate snaps" on google, I am #1 AND #2! ;)

12/05/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Wow! How did you manage that?

I'm #2 on searches for "tattoo ideas for daughter"
And searches for midgets and Kentucky Fried Chicken (together)

12/06/2006 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm #1 for the phrase:
honey do list never gets done

Fitting actually.

12/06/2006 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish there was a reverse google. Like, you enter your site, and it returns a list of searches where you are #1 or #2...

12/06/2006 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home