Monday, December 04, 2006

Hey, Check Me Out!

Couple of things…

I recently added some statistics tracking code to the site and some of the info surprised me; How About Two? is #3 (!) when you search for daddy blog on Google. How great is that?

Be A Good Dad is number one; Good on ya, Mike.

How About Two? is #1 when you search for big daddy dog corndog mix, but I question just how much traffic will come from that string of keywords.

Other interesting tidbits of information –

  • How About Two? gets nearly 50 visitors a day;
  • How About Two? has had visitors from Canada, Philippines, Australia, Italy, Spain, and Germany;
  • How About Two? has had visitors from Colorado, California, New York, Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Georgia, Virginia, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Florida, Maryland, Wisconsin, Iowa, Arizona, Michigan, Kansas, Alabama, Connecticut;
  • How About Two?'s biggest referrer is Child's Play X2.

Other news…

I’ve been invited to write for the Mother’s Of Multiples Society Newsletter. It’s not a huge circulation, but it goes a long way towards me becoming an ‘expert’ on twins.
All this, and the twins aren’t even born yet. Imagine how much of an expert I’ll be this time next year.


Anonymous Mike said...

I think you are making those search results up. What phrease were you using? I couldn't recreate it.

I went to check out your top referrer but the link is broken. Looks like mine is too. Looks like it's a SmartQuotes problem. Bad Microsoft Word.

Keep up the good work and stay away from your stats as much as possible. It's a hard habit to break if you don't smash the habit early.

12/04/2006 9:45 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Try this - Google link. Although you've dropped to #2 and I've dropped to #4.

The link thing is a Blogger problem and it's really getting under my skin. If I had it to do over again, I'd use another blog provider.

12/05/2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...


Shoot, I was reading the results wrong.

Mike was right, we're on the fourth page which means the sites are 32 and 34. Damn it.

Back to the drawing board.

12/05/2006 7:46 AM  
Anonymous Kaz said...

Dude, I have you totally beat. If you search +"i hate snaps" on google, I am #1 AND #2! ;)

12/05/2006 11:06 AM  
Blogger creative-type dad said...

Wow! How did you manage that?

I'm #2 on searches for "tattoo ideas for daughter"
And searches for midgets and Kentucky Fried Chicken (together)

12/06/2006 1:00 AM  
Anonymous Mike said...

I'm #1 for the phrase:
honey do list never gets done

Fitting actually.

12/06/2006 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Kaz said...

I wish there was a reverse google. Like, you enter your site, and it returns a list of searches where you are #1 or #2...

12/06/2006 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home