Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Pregnant Dream

My primary client has me working on a huge presentation, so a short post tonight.

P.Pie has been having bizarre dreams. Scary dreams. Disturbing dreams. The General says that weird pregnancy dreams are normal.

But still…

The other night she had a dream about the twins and they were stillborn.

In a recent recurring dream, I’m having a string of affairs.

When your pregnant wife tells you she having dreams that you’re fooling around, the smart proper thing to say is “Oh, honey, that’s ridiculous. You know you’re the only woman for me.”

That’s not what I said.

Instead, I said “Really? Anyone we know?”

P.Pie rolled her eyes.

“Were they at least hot?”

Yeah, I’m a little retarded. It’s a good thing she’s understanding.

So, did anyone else have strange pregnancy dreams?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I had a recuring dream with my first pregnancy (we'll call the baby, "the idiot") that was very realistic and always made me semihyterical. I dreamt that I was filling the tank on our VW so that I could escape the incoming A bomb (I could see it as a bright light suspended in the sky). When I got finished someone jumped in the VW and drove off with it. "The Idiot" was in the back seat. Even though, in my dream, he was an infant, I could see him standing at the back window calling for me. Even now telling this dream makes me slightly anxious!

12/07/2006 7:57 AM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

'Idiot' is a typo. She meant to say 'Chosen One.'

12/07/2006 9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I kept having dreams that I found out that Gabe was already married when we got married so that our marriage wasn't legal.

I also had sex dreams about George Clooney and Ben Affleck. Not that there is anything wrong with either of those guys, but I like tall scary guys and they are neither.

I also had a dream once about a three way with Brian Urlacher and Elizabeth Hurley.

12/07/2006 12:25 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I had scary dreams too. And the affair one. I woke up crying (and mad) from that one. My husband, bless his heart, apologized. For what he did in my DREAM.

12/07/2006 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weirdo dreams here too. This must have been the weirdest because it's the only one I still remember. When I had this dream, I already knew that both the twins were boys. I had this dream where I went into premature labor, successfully delivered Twin A but "he" was a she! (Not so disturbing, right?) So on I go to have Twin B and Twin B was also a girl. A girl RAT. I gave birth to a RAT!!! What the hell? By far the strangest dream I ever had.

12/07/2006 8:22 PM  
Blogger Rebeca said...

I also had a dream, where I gave birth to a rat, that later turn into a girl that looked like a boy. The worst part was that it was breastfeeding and it was so akward... I hope I never dream that again!

5/13/2008 5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home