Sunday, November 12, 2006

…And the Hits Just Keep on Comin’

Generally speaking when it comes to waking up, I rise at the same time seven days a week; give or take 30 minutes.

Unless I have been out fighting the bottle or carousing with a merry band of tipplers.

So Saturday morning, having not over imbibed the night before, I watched the 6am sunshine creep across the ceiling.

I contemplated turning on the TV and watching the early news, but decided that sleep was still within my grasp, so I snuggled next to P.Pie and closed my eyes. I drifted in and out of sleep for awhile – not asleep enough for full dream, but enough for a quickie dream about falling down stairs that makes you flail your legs under the covers.

So there I was, almost asleep, and P.Pie grabs my hand and places it low on her increasingly protruding belly.

“Hmmnn?” My eyelids fluttered as I cradled her belly.

Something swiftly met my touch and was gone. Suddenly I was wide awake and sitting up.

“What the hell was that?”

P.Pie rolled onto her back and told me Twin B (our boy) was active this morning. P.Pie then went on to make comparisons to football kickers and soccer players.

Sports analogies are all well and good. But I’m looking for something with a little more, well, kick.

What about a Ninja? Or an Ultimate Fighting Champion? Or maybe even a striker buster.

Okay, that one went a little too far.

Still.

Soccer player and football player seem a blasé for such a miraculous event. This small person has made his presence known to the outside world by pushing his boundaries. He's already raging against the man. Or the mom.

Boy, do I love these kids.

1 Comments:

Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

When I was pregnant with the twins, at first I loved feeling them kick. Then my son wedged himself so he was standing on my bladder with his head bouncing on my ribs. That wasn't so much fun, but I still loved knowing they were moving around. Enjoy this while it is comfortable for her still!

11/13/2006 1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home