Tuesday, November 07, 2006

And Twin B is…

Today was our official Week 24 visit to the ob/gyn. Although, according to the ol’ calendar, we are only at 22 weeks and 4 days.

Of course, the big question on our minds is the sex of Twin B.

That is not to say that we aren’t concerned with health and growth and all that. We are. Very much so.

But the Twin B’s sex has been weighing heavy on my mind. You may recall previous posts talking about whether or not to find out the sex of the twins or the announcement of Twin A’s sex (remember that Twin B didn’t want to show the stuff).

To recap, I really, really want healthy kids. Seriously, that’s all.

Of course, it should be reiterated that I know nothing about girls. It’s true, ask my wife.

So it stands to reason that raising them might be a bit of a problem for me. (Yes, we’ve been through this before.)

Of course, what you really want to know is the sex of the B. Well, I'm getting to that.

Our ultrasound tech is a good person, I’m sure.

I’m also sure that she doesn’t have a sense of humor. I was scatting and be-bopping with the jokes and she wasn’t even cracking a smile. Even Jen laughed and she’s heard them all.

Of course the ultrasound tech starts with Twin A. Her heart is beating like crazy, but not in a bad way. She also posed for a face shot which was VERY cute (I’ll scan it later).

She moved on to Twin B, who was still being a bit persnickety. Being that Twin B is lying transverse and at the top of the P.Pie’s stomach, there are a few issues with getting a good picture. But we managed to see/hear the heart and even managed to get a funny face pic.

After much jockeying for position, the tech caught sight of Twin B’s twigs and berries. Twigs and berries! So Twin B is a boy. We’re having one of each, which means we are semi-officially done with having kids.

Once they’re born, of course.

Unless we change our mind.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making a boy AND a girl! (Though, I am a bit partial to boys..)

11/08/2006 6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, now you get to go through the, "I don't know how to raise a boy!" and "I don't know how to raise a girl!" at the very same time! Lucky you!

At least you'll get it over with.

11/08/2006 6:49 AM  
Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

That is wonderful! I have boy/girl twins and I love watching them play together. Now that they are in first grade, my daughters friends tend to get crushes on my son so we'll see what happens when they get older, but for now it's all good.

11/08/2006 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!

Boy/Girl twins are fun. I can't wait to see the pictures.

11/08/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger superstar said...

life just good

11/08/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Twigs? As in more than one? Dude. You better have that looked at.

But, hey ... congrats!

11/08/2006 2:38 PM  
Blogger honglien123 said...

Congratulations! Although now the clothes won't necessarily be interchangeable, it's a small price to pay to not have to constantly hear, "So are you going to try for a boy?"

11/08/2006 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...what's his name?

11/09/2006 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and I guess now you'll know how to tell them apart!

11/09/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Kila said...

Aww, one of each, that's perfect. I'm happy for you! No worrying about mixing them up. And people won't compare them quite so much.

But you know, boys need brothers, and girls need sisters! Don't call it quits yet!

11/12/2006 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home