Monday, November 06, 2006

Classes? We don't need no stinking classes

The general response to the 'classes' question is that parenting is natural thing that doesn't really require classes.

For me, I'm in 100% agreement.

P.Pie, on the other hand, is worried.

So I am signed up for a fathers class next week and a couples birthing class this week.

I could have stood my ground, and said no, I'm not doing that. When it comes to parenting, I'm pretty sure I'll know what I'm doing.

After all, I am Gunslinger's favorite uncle for a reason.

But what's the point? I'd rather have a battle about riding the motorcycle instead of cleaning the gutters (can you guess what I did this weekend?).

So we've got our first class this week and you can bet it will be fodder for the blog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we took the course, it all began with each couple taking a piece of tape and writing their name on it, then attaching it. Ever the joker, I made these for myself and my wife, then made two more with "A" and "B", which I attached to my wife's abdomen.

The course was useful, but all of the techniques for calming down the mother and leading her into a blilssful, natural childbirth were a bit overwhelming and, in the end, not terribly useful for us.

Mike

11/06/2006 1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with it :)

11/06/2006 4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home