Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Previous Post Follow Up

Many of you sent me congrats on the knowledge that at least one of my twins will be a girl.

Thanks for that.

Some of you said it was fortunate that both the twins aren’t boys.

I appreciate that as well.

Still others intimated that boys do a lot of dumb things.

Okay, well yeah. That is true. Thanks.

And if it is also true that male offspring deliver tenfold the trouble that you caused as a youth, then I am in for a world of hurt. [Ed. Note: should I put an attorney on retainer now?]

But the thing is, I’ve never had a girl (stop, you know what I mean). I’m not sure how to handle that.

I mean, if it were all boys, I’d be set; I’ve got a 500 gig hard drive filled with fart jokes. My maturity growth stopped when I was 11 or 12, tops. And I often regress to 8 or 9. I think girls are born with a maturity level of a teenager, at least.

I could just be myself (after all, I’ve got years of practice at it) but then I might wind up with a daughter like Marla Hooch in A League of Their Own.

To hell with it. I’m going to let P.Pie keep me on the straight and narrow parenting path.

Except when it comes to dating. I'm not a big guy, but I know a lot of bruisers. So watch out, boys; I know what you're thinking. Believe it or not, I was once your age and had the same thoughts.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fortunate that both the twins aren't boys?!?!! I am so glad my twins are boys! No matter how much trouble they cause, they will never, never, ever be 16 year old girls! :) Besides, I've always been a tomboy anyway, I wouldn't know what to do with a pair of girls either.

10/12/2006 6:24 AM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Thank you. That's what I say.

If I have two 16yo girls I'm going to wind having to bury a couple of smartass 18yo boys in the backyard. :-)

10/12/2006 6:32 AM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Woops. Left the 'up' out of 'wind up'. But you get it...

10/12/2006 6:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry - for the first few years at least, girls love all the same stuff boys do.

10/12/2006 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No matter if it is two gilrs or one of each, i guarantee they will make for some good stories.

10/12/2006 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nice thing about boy/girl twins is that, as kaz says, when they are little you can do pretty much the same stuff. But, when they turn 16 I'm just going to make them share a room. That should prevent any funny stuff with boyfriends/girlfriends. Oh, and I guess I'll have to never let them out of the house either.

10/12/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Sandie said...

Hi! I'm new to your blog and found you by searching for "Twins" on blogger. I have a set of twins myself and I'm very excited for you. I have identical girls and I love every minute.

I'm looking forward to reading more about your adventures in becoming a father of twins!

10/12/2006 3:45 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am the oldest of three girls. I had no idea what to do with a little boy. But I love him madly. You'll do fine.

10/15/2006 2:27 PM  
Blogger moe berg said...

there is nothing like the sound of two four and half year old boys laughing at their old man's fart jokes.

10/16/2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home