Monday, February 19, 2007

Today is the day.

While I write this post on Monday night, it is officially Tuesday’s post. So if you are reading this after 8am MST (and barring any complications) we are officially the parents of twins.

I will have a thousand things to say about that.

Tomorrow.

In the meantime, I want to say a word or two about the General.

This photo, circa 1977, is of P.Pie’s mom, the General, when she was pregnant with twin boys – Dog & Eeyore.

I owe a debt of gratitude to her that I can never repay. And not just for allowing me to marry her youngest daughter. Of course that a big one, don’t get me wrong.

But there is so much more.

She has never once complained about my - how should I say this - career wandering? P.Pie was born and raised in Southern California. After we got married? I trotted her to three different states.

And, after the dotcom crash, I took a job back in SoCal. P.Pie’s job here in CO. had a year-end bonus, so she stayed while I went back. Where did I stay when I got to SoCal? At P.Pie’s parents house.

Without P.Pie.

And 45 days later, when 9/11 happened and I reassessed where my life was going AND decided we should stay in Colorado? Not a peep.

Not.

A.

Single.

Word.

(yeah, that’s a lot of strength on her part.)

There are many other reasons she’s great, but I won’t bore you with the details.

And now, she’s here to help us take care of the twins. As far as mother-in-laws goes, I really lucked out and I owe her a lot of thanks.

Okay, that’s it. My next post will be as an honest-to-goodness dad.

I.

Am.

So.

Excited.

9 Comments:

Blogger Liz Jimenez said...

Holy crap! I'm so excited FOR you! Can't wait to hear all about it, daddy! I hope you and mom and the peanuts are doing GREAT.

2/20/2007 5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...when I looked at that picture my first thought was..."oh P. Pie cut her hair too!"

2/20/2007 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures!@!! I hope everything went well and Congratulations times two!

Now the fun begins. :D

2/20/2007 9:35 AM  
Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

I checked in today to see if you had posted news yet, but I guess you are a little busy. I hope everything is going well, and can't wait to hear the news!

2/20/2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger moe berg said...

welcome to the club. you'll do just fine.

congrats.

2/20/2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

it is 4:40 EST so I guess CONGRATS!! Can't wait to "meet" them. :)

2/20/2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Rock on! Good luck with everything.

P.S. The picture? I thought, hmm, P.Pie got a haircut. Lucky you with a great MIL. AND she has twins experience.

2/20/2007 3:28 PM  
Blogger Mitch McDad said...

Fingers crossed....welcome to the club!!

2/20/2007 3:56 PM  
Blogger Spider Girl said...

It's great to have a marvellous mother-in-law. (I've got a nice one too). :)

And congratulations on the twins! That's very exciting!

2/20/2007 7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home