Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Five Easy Pieces

Mademoiselle Becky has tagged my with listing five odd things about myself. Only five?

  1. I collect pint glasses.

In and of itself, it’s not that weird. But I steal them from bars and restaurants. Don’t go to a bar with me if you don’t want to see me snake a pint glass.

  1. I only wash my hair every other day.

It’s almost down to my waist… I just don’t have the time. As a side weirdness to this one, I use way more product on my hair than any two women.

  1. I’ve been married before.

I was young and stupid and it was literally decades ago.

  1. I’m a stickler for the spoken word.

There are no such words as –

Irregardless (the word you want is regardless)

Supposebly (it’s supposedly)

Twice-t or Across-t (I have no idea why some people need to put the extra ‘tuh’ or ‘duh’ sound on the end)

Card Shark (there’s no such thing – it’s a cardsharp)

…and that just the tip of that iceberg

  1. I have a self-diagnosed minor case of Obsessive/Compulsive Disorder.

My OCD manifests itself in my need to be on time. At first blush, this doesn’t sound so bad. Except that everything I do revolves around being. on. time.

If I’m meeting folks at, say, a bar, I’m the first one there. If I’m going to meet a client at their office, I arrive at least 20 minutes early and sit in my car in a parking lot around the corner.

The more important the event, the earlier I am. And I start worrying about being on time hours before the event.

And if I’m running behind (if I’m right on time, I’m late), I become an unpleasant bear to be around.

That’s it. At least all that I’m willing to admit to.

I’m tagging the following folks –

Denver Dad
Cry It Out
IHateSnaps
LADaddy
Temporary Sanity

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my pet spoken language peeves are:

Orientate
Very Unique
exact same

2/14/2007 10:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D'oh! I still haven't finished the one I got tagged with the other day! There's bound to be overlap.. what's the rule about using something in two of these??

2/15/2007 4:50 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Separate out
ATM machine
Free gift

Oh, and OCD stuff? The twins will fix that.

Thanks for playing.

2/15/2007 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Kaz, he tagged me and I just finished my 6 things!

And, Rob, you're not obsessed with being on time. You're obsessed with making sure that you're on time. There's a difference. I'm obsessed with being on time. Exactly on time. If I need to be somewhere at 6pm, I'll be there at 6pm. Not 5:50, not 6:01. And I'll do everything I can to work it so that I'm there "on time", but not early or late.

Which, of course, makes me early and late a lot because you can't predict everything.

2/15/2007 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE when people say across-t. Where in the world did that come from? Rich hates double speak. Such as "does she like him, like him?" If I know you, that has to get your goat too.

How in the world did you ever hang out with me with your early obsession? ;-)

Can't wait to see the babies!!

2/15/2007 4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, Rob -- but I hate this little exercises with a passion -- I have no good reason why. I'm a freak.

I will say, however, that I can't believe you are still blogging -- with less than a week to go! You are a rockstar!

2/15/2007 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude - how do you explain this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_shark

2/16/2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Short answer - Irregardless is also in the Wiki.

Slightly longer answer - You know Wiki, people input information, not experts. Card shark has been incorrectly used for decades, much like irregardless, so it's bound to show up other places.

2/16/2007 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home