Monday, October 16, 2006

Something You May Not Know

In pregnancy, P.Pie has become clairvoyant. Well, more so.

Alright. Maybe not clairvoyant. She just knows me. In fact, I think it is safe to say she knows me better than anyone, anywhere knows me or has ever known me.

As I write this, I’m watching ‘60 Sunset Strip’ [Ed. Note: It’s a great show, I don’t care what critics say about it]. Anyway, Sting is on the show, playing Sting (duh), and he’s pushing his new lute album. As I paused in writing to watch/listen, a thought flittered through my head – I really want to get The Police box set.

From the bedroom, P.Pie says in a sleepy voice, “Don’t forget to get The Police box set.”

P.Pie had, without forethought or malice, pulled a thought from my head and voiced it as I thought it. She’s good.

Granted, I mentioned twice this past weekend that I wanted to get the set. But that’s not the point.

The point is, she loves me. Now I just need to go out and do something to prove I’m worth while.

Then I gotta figure out how to prove it to the twins.

7 Comments:

Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

Sting playing Sting? That's funny.

What's even funnier is that I bought his album today after hearing it on NPR. Listening to it made we want to sleep. In Ireland. In 1674.

10/17/2006 1:17 AM  
Blogger Erika Jurney said...

1. Studio 60 is an AWESOME show. I feel like SportsNight is back!

2. I have that box set and it is fantastic.

10/17/2006 10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait, next year she'll be mentioning that, "boy, I really do have a bad headache today" before you even say anything!

10/17/2006 10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In addition to being clarivoyat you probably already have already discovered that she can find any and everything. The reason....Roseann Barr once said that the uterus is a homing device... and you know what it's true. :-)
Pin

10/17/2006 3:57 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Not true. As men, we can find anything - Galaxies, Planets, Continents, Lost Tribes (Tri-abs), New Species, Our Asses w/Both Hands.

We choose to give your lives meaning and make you feel important by pretending that we can't find things.

It's all in the Man Handbook that we receive on our 12th birthday. It is filled with great information like... Oops, I've said too much.

10/17/2006 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, my wife always asks me where her stuff is because I always seem to know. She says it is the only reason she keeps me around.

10/18/2006 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky - L.A. Mommy became queen of all smells during her reign of terro.... er, pregnancy. I was sent to investigate any and all smells, no matter what they were. She would smell what the neighbors 4 houses down were cooking. And how could I help? I can't smell shit... literally!

10/19/2006 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home