Sunday, January 20, 2008

Well It’s About Time

You probably think that the title of this post has to do with the fact that I haven’t posted since the first week of the New Year.

Well it’s not. At least, not so much.

If you were really sharp – or related to me – you might remember that one year and one week ago I posted about my 38th birthday. So the thought might have occurred that I recently celebrated my 39th birthday and I might be talking about that.

But I’m not. In fact, this year's birthday has been called off due to a lack of interest.

You may recall our ongoing issue with teeth. (now can you guess where this is going?)

Have you ever noticed that the old adage about a watched pot never boiling is pretty much true for everything? It’s even true for teeth.

Look closely at the picture of The Squeak and you may notice two brand-spanking-new teeth poking through. Two of 20; two that caused more than a few sleepless nights and high fevers; two that continually threatened to pop out of Squeaker’s gums at any moment, but wouldn’t.

Every morning at breakfast, we’d peek at the two lumps on her gums thinking, this will be the day. But it wasn’t. And finally, last Sunday, we quit looking.

But, curiosity got the better of us and we took a peek two days later. And lo and behold, there were two new teeth where none had been before.

With less that a week with the new teeth, we have not had any biting of fingers, cheeks, tongue or lips, but I expect to see a few tears from it soon.

4 Comments:

Blogger jk said...

Hi... I had to come out of lurking to say congratulations on those two teeth! It's so much fun. Enjoy!

1/20/2008 9:51 PM  
Blogger BritneyMarie said...

Yea teeth! My twins got theirs when they were 5 months old. And they've been biting us like crazy. :)

1/20/2008 11:52 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Oh look at that beautiful smile! Congrats Squeak!

1/21/2008 9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a much better way to find out... I learned that Boogie had cut his first tooth when he bit me (more specifically, my nipple) as I was nursing him... Thanks, kiddo!

1/22/2008 1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home