Tuesday, December 11, 2007

‘Tis the Season

A picture is truly worth a 1000 words and 1000 words is more than enough for a post.

But, as always, I have to add my $.02.

I was concerned that our first trip to meet Santa would be fraught with crying, screams, and general misery. And while I did grouse about going to the mall during “The Season,” I managed not cry or scream once.

True to form, The Squeak was perfect – she smiled at the people in line, beamed at the helper elves, and laughed at Santa’s tickles.

But, if I were to find something to complain about – and I can always find something to complain about – it would be about the Santa.

This Santa was more of a Jack-Skellington-dress-as-Santa, Santa.

Not that he was scary, or that his beard was merely a faux chin strap; rather, it was that he was tall and gangly… one might even say gaunt.

In an attempt to appear heavier, he wore a padded vest. But the effect was the opposite. Knowing the vest was padded only served to make him look even frailer.

I’m sure I’m the only one who noticed.

I’m also sure that the thousands of child who have passed – and will pass – over his lap this season will only remember that he was Santa.

9 Comments:

Blogger Moments Of Mom said...

Well now you must have heard about the movement to make Santa Skinny...

Looks like it hit you already!

12/12/2007 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. who cares what santa looks like. the squeak is sooo cute!

12/12/2007 11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first year with santa pictures usually goes well...
be prepared for the freak out of all freak outs NEXT YEAR! :)

12/14/2007 3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's how to make that Santa look appropiate... I put the picture as my background and the computer stretched it to fit the screen....fat santa!!

12/17/2007 7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He looks like Johnny Depp's father (the dentist) from the Willie Wonka remake...you know that same actor who played the bad wizard on Lord of the Rings...yikes.

12/19/2007 1:45 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

That is TOTALLY what I thought! I just could place him...

12/19/2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

couldn't man, I really need to proof read...

12/19/2007 2:05 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That Santa is SCARY! Totally funny really. Squeak is a cutie!

12/19/2007 11:24 PM  
Blogger honglien123 said...

Hey! So I'm not alone! The first thought I had when I saw that picture was that Santa looks an awful lot like Sauron from Lord of the Rings (who's the same man who played Johnny Depp's dad). Second thought was that the Squeaker is too cute, but I always have that thought when you're kind enough to post pictures of her.

12/20/2007 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home