Tuesday, May 15, 2007

It Had to End Sometime

The idyllic life is over.

Maybe idyllic isn’t the correct descriptor; perhaps pastoral is a better word. Even blissful is a good word. Perchance the best word is ‘50s-ish.

What the hell am I talking about? I’m talking about a post-WWII home with a stay at home mom who had a hot meal ready when I got home. Our new-baby, one-income life that we’ve been enjoying for the last three month (actually, not quite three months but close enough for government work) officially ended today. My own personal glimpse of 1950s America, over.

P.Pie went back to work and The Squeaker went to daycare.

There was wailing and crying and gnashing of teeth, but P.Pie was able to suck it up and get through the day.

End the end, both did well and our bank account will be thankful.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you wish it could go on forever. But L.A. Mommy was actually kind of glad to get back to it, I think. She missed her terribly, but didn't mind the time on her own.

5/15/2007 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, yes much crying and gnashing of teeth, enough about you, how did the squeaker do?

5/16/2007 4:35 AM  
Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Oh that has to be one of the hardest things to have to do as a mother!

5/16/2007 7:49 AM  
Blogger Librarina said...

I actually felt guilty because a lot of people asked me if I missed being home and the honest answer was "no"... Being at work gave me reachable, definable benchmarks -- a must when you're OCD like me! Working on my own time table, instead of ignoring my own hunger cues to tend to the baby, was also very good for my sanity. Best of luck with this transition!

5/16/2007 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheeky's mom would LOVE to go back to work. I think she hates cooking and cleaning for my sorry ass. We're two years in, though, and I'm sure Cheeky would have none of it. But if anyone's hiring in marketing/communications let us know!

Now the mad scramble for "who gets home in time to pick P.Pie up from the day care" begins...good luck!

5/16/2007 6:44 PM  
Blogger Lainey-Paney said...

Hang in there P.Pie.

5/18/2007 8:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I feel your pain. My friends do the "Heh-Heh" laugh at my stories. It's ok though, I feel the same way when they talk about their new puppy or their new boyfriend, like they are just as challenging as having kids.

5/18/2007 10:16 AM  
Blogger Kila said...

Oh my, that was probably one of the toughest days of her life. My "baby" will be 5 yrs old next week, and even at that age, it's hard. I hope Squeaker is in good hands. (((Hugs))) to P.Pie.

5/18/2007 9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy does America have it all wrong. Here in Canada we get a full year maternity leave, & Dad is entitled to some parental leave too.

5/20/2007 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home