Thursday, April 26, 2007

Revolving Front Door

Given the number of people coming to the house, I should really get a revolving door installed.

This weekend my pregnant sister, her hubby, and her nearly two year old son that I lovingly call the Prince of Wails will come for a long overdue visit.

So now, I’ve got to keep them entertained for 36+ hours.

Mind you, I want them to come. They have been threatening to come for three years or so and have gotten as far as buying tickets a couple of times.

But this time they swear they’re coming.

I will believe it when I see the whites of their eyes.

Beyond doing my favorite thing when guests are in town – taking the Coors Brewery tour – I have no real idea what we will do.

Normally we’d do a little spring skiing, but my sister’s pregnant, she’s got a toddler, and we have an infant. So that’s out.

6-10 years ago, we’d drink like fish and party ‘til we passed out. But at my age, I hate hangovers. Plus, see above.

And just for giggles, on Monday I’m getting a crown for a molar that, four months ago, the dentist said was cracked. It broke last week. Why do I put stuff like that off?

5 Comments:

Blogger Adrienne said...

Is the Zoo open? Denver has a great Zoo.

4/27/2007 8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever noticed when people come to visit... especially if they're coming to "help" with the baby... that you end up doing more work?

I'm so tired from all their help, I usually need a vacation...

4/27/2007 9:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love the nickname prince of wails... I am still laughing. I may have to steal that one someday!

4/27/2007 11:06 PM  
Blogger Kila said...

Time to check out McDonald's playland ;) And the parks. I hope it's nice outside there :)

Good luck at the dentist.

4/28/2007 4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just happened on your page through blogging links. I saw your title and read some recent entries that talked about just one baby. Needless to say, I backtracked until I found a pregnancy entry, and read forward from there...

You touched me deeply with your words and your Doss. My little girl is 7 months old and sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in daily stress. You made me remember what really matters. What counts. Thank you.

4/28/2007 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home