Monday, February 22, 2010

Squeaker at Three

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Squeaker, happy birthday to you!!!!!!

Unfortunately Axe has a mild case of RSV, so we had to do a low-keyed celebration – just the family. But that didn’t stop us from having a four-person party, replete with top-your-own English muffin pizzas and individual, create your own, single serving birthday cakes (aka cupcakes with sprinkles).

And presents, of course. What birthday party would be a birthday party without presents?

It’s worth pointing out that as the recipient of presents, I am generally not allowed to hold said presents prior to moment that they are to be opened. I have a knack for being able to guess what the present contains.

It’s a curse, really. And for many years I did it as a parlor trick. I’d turn the present over a time or two, give a gentle shake, and announce the package’s contents. I thought everybody thought it was clever.

Everyone did not.

Particularly PPie. I once made her cry for guessing a gift and, in her words, “Taking the fun out of giving me a gift.” I don’t do it anymore. In fact, I’m so out of practice, I don’t think I could do it anymore even if I wanted to.

Back to the party.

So Squeak gets a her presents – one from Mommy & Daddy and one from Axe – And picks them up, one at a time, and she says, “I got a Barbie and a baby doll!”

The Bath Barbie and Strawberry Shortcake were both still wrapped in their respective gift wrapping.

I beamed. PPie was less than pleased.

(He doesn't look sick...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home