Sunday, November 09, 2008

A Sickly Weekend

The Squeaker and I shared a virus this weekend that came from daycare; the highlights include a low grade fever and upset belly, which for Squeak meant throwing up chunky milk and grape juice… sort of a purple cottage cheese.


I managed to dodge the throw up bullet and merely burped a nasty tasting sulfur/rotten egg taste. Really both are awful, but I haven’t thrown up since I was 17 (and that time involved alcohol, but that’s just between you and me).


So she and I spent the weekend laying low – just watching tv and drinking Pedialyte (well Squeak drank the ‘Lyte, I had water and juice).


We also played a few rousing games of Hi, Daddy. The rules of the game are pretty simple - player one says, “Hi, Daddy.” Player two says, “Hi, Squeaker.” And repeat. You may know the game as "Yes/No".


The Squeaker’s leading, 1,375,683 to 987,624. I’m planning a catch up strategy using a computer program written in basic –


10 say “Hi, Squeaker”

20 goto 10


(wow, that was really bad computer geek humor)


But I know my readership, you just want the pretty pictures; so here you go…











5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sickly weekend update...Mom has it now and was up all night :(

11/10/2008 7:22 AM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

...and kept daddy up as well!

11/10/2008 4:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you have to teach Squeaker to say now is, "Sorry about your SHOOOOOOOOOES....."

Trust me. You will need this one.

(Glad you're all getting better. We live on ginger ale and popsicles when this happens. Ginger ale and peppermint sticks are wonderfully soothing--the ginger and mint are great natural remedies. Try 'em!)

11/11/2008 12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... I hope everyone is starting to feel better!

11/12/2008 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I won't say cute. It's a cliche. I'll say... adorable. Yeah.

11/20/2008 2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home