Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Word About the New Banner

The new banner has received a number of complements. I'm glad folks like it.

The planned launch of the new banner was set to happen shortly after the birth of the twins. I thought it would be an appropriate way to show them off. The original version had a spot for both of them, one on either side; after all, they are the reason for the blog.

But, the events that transpired sort of took the wind out of my sails.

So I’ve held on to the old banner. Partly to honor Doss, but mostly because the idea of taking the ultrasound off the blog just hurt too much.

The other morning, I decided to roll out the new banner; I hadn’t been thinking about the day before, nor had I dreamed about. I was simply approving comments and the decision to change it leapt upon me.

So I made a few adjustments, added a photo, and voila - new banner. I posted it and headed to work.

But after it was done, I had what you might call ‘Poster’s Remorse’. I felt feel guilty. But I’m working through it.

I miss my boy.

11 Comments:

Blogger Poppy said...

{{{{hugs}}}}

6/20/2007 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel guilty. Maybe you can come up with a way to incorporate it into the blog somewhere else. At the bottom? The pic could be on the side?

But the new one looks great, too.

6/20/2007 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're only human and its so extraordinarily natural to feel the way you do. I look at it this way: your little Squeaker spent the most time with Doss and as such, her photo also represents his legacy - they are implicitly connected and always will be....

6/21/2007 4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the pain you and your family are going through with the loss of Doss.

Hang in there.

Jackie

6/21/2007 7:55 AM  
Blogger Childsplayx2 said...

Hang in there, buddy.

For what it's worth, my daughter loves your new banner. She just pointed to it and said "BABY!" and clapped.

6/21/2007 8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If your heart can take it, I like the idea of putting a small picture of Doss on the banner. With a note like "We love you Doss." That way you won't feel like he is not included.

6/21/2007 8:35 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

No one should have go through the pain of losing a baby.

I have my dead son's (Caleb) picture on my blog's banner, right next to his healthy brother (Nolan). I also have an angel ticker thing in Caleb's memory.

Post Doss's picture if you want. We will love looking at his picture.

6/21/2007 11:25 AM  
Blogger Creative-Type Dad said...

I'd include him. But whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be just fine.

Redneck Mommy had a similar experience. Her entire blog was once focused on the loss of her son.

6/21/2007 12:08 PM  
Blogger Librarina said...

Please don't feel bad... Doss would want you to move on and to focus your energies on Squeaker... The banner looks awesome, by the way! Hope you're doing better...

6/21/2007 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Our hearts are with you.

6/21/2007 4:31 PM  
Blogger Hostile in Ohio said...

Never feel guilty. Doss is a beautiful part of all of you. He always will be.

Include a picture of him if you want.

Do not EVER feel you need to forget, get over, or move on...Doss will always be part of your life, and there is nothing wrong with that!

Hugs to you, P.Pie, and The Squeaker.

6/29/2007 1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home