Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I'm Not Buying This Story...


I orginally read this - courtesy of a friend - from the Washington Post. The Post has moved the link and I can't find it, so here is on ABC Australia -

Three Year Old Buys Car on EBay

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200609/s1749447.htm



I don't think that's how it went down. Here's what I think really happened -

She bought the car, then got cold feet and/or didn't know how to explain it to her husband so she blames the kid.

C'mon.

You're telling me the kid not only hit the "buy it now" button, but also the two or three other clicks it took to close the deal? Out of all the stuff that can be clicked, both on the page and on the screen, the child bought the car? Really? Really?!

Am I the only one that sees it this way? Am I really that jaded?

Perhaps I don't spend enough time with 3 year olds. I understand that you can't keep an eye on them 24/7 - Shit Happens.

I know that. I just need a second opinion. I'm a big man; If I'm wrong, I'll say so.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonathon Morgan said...

This has gotta be BS. The kid could've come close, maybe. But the same day I heard some story about a different three year old buying some expensive Vactican-style something or other...

Two toddling ebayers in the same day?

I think unlikely.

9/28/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

Thank You

9/28/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Radioactive Tori said...

My son will be 3 in a few months, and while I believe he could ALMOST buy the car, he couldn't completely do it unless I helped him. And my son is pretty smart for an almost 3 year old...he sort of knows how to read and knows just about every dinosaur that ever existed.

9/28/2006 4:17 PM  
Blogger Rob Barron said...

So I'll put you in the maybe column.

9/28/2006 4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home